Receive financial incentives for implementing conservation practices
- EQIP money is available in all areas, but 75% is designated for use in watersheds that have been selected as EQIP Priority Areas.
- 50% of all EQIP money has been designated for use in developing or improving animal waste systems.
- Producer must develop and implement a whole farm conservation management plan.
EQIP Provides Incentives for:
- Implementation of Management Practices
- Installation of Conservation Structures
- Installation of Vegetative Structures
- Installation of Animal Waste Systems
- Most practices have a cost share rate of 75%
- Maximum amount of money paid per contract is $50,000, with a limit of $10,000 paid per year.
- Term of Contract: 5-10 years